View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
To KePub or not to KePub

That is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to write a GUI plugin or a File Type plugin. (With apologies to Hamlet, who has enough problems without modern mutilation of a perfectly good soliloquy )

I've been approached about enabling conversion to KePub without requiring a device present; basically, generate the file and send it to a specific folder. I have no objection to doing this, but I can't do it with a device driver. I'm looking for opinions from people who use more of calibre's potential than I do (that probably means you!) on the best way to enable this. Should this be a GUI plugin, a file type plugin, or something else entirely, and why? I've had some ideas about the benefits and potential issues of both a GUI plugin and a file type plugin, but all that's done is leave uncertain about which idea is better!
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote