View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #485
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
No kidding.

If you'll recall, that was my original theory: that the firmware wasn't properly handling database changes for my usage pattern, which primarily consists of adding books directly to the card without involving the device's USB cable.
At one point, when I was playing with telnet/FTP to my Kobo, I had to trigger the USB disconnect to get it to update properly -- going by memory here -- by writing a usb device add and then a usb device remove string to a file on the Kobo. Without that trigger, new content was not properly handled.

I found a similar issue when adding content directly to a uSD card which had already been used with my Kobo. When I replaced an existing file with a newer version, it turned out be be an excellent way to corrupt the database -- been there, done that, got the factory resets to show for it.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 03-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote