View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #44
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Okay, I think I've got it and had it mostly correct. I guess that means my books weren't available at amazon.ca, but now are. And now that .ca is more up to speed? I wonder if that will affect the Kindle availability. I thought that Canadians were always able to buy my books once the initial Kindle was available (way back whenish) because of the way the world rights were set, but now I'm guessing they probably weren't. I noticed the new "amazon.ca" setting in my dashboard which was my first clue that the books hadn't been available previously in .ca.

Thanks.
Until recently, Canadians had to buy all their books from Amazon.com (no e-books were available in Amazon.ca). Unfortunately, there are a lot of e-books that we can see but can not purchase on Amazon.com. Worse yet, Amazon.com routinely encourages Canadians to buy the latest Kindle e-readers, only to tell them that we're not allowed to if we actually follow through on the suggestion.

Kobo has 55% e-reader marketshare in Canada (and growing), and you can be sure Amazon's policies in Canada play a part in that.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote