Thread: Agatha Christie
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I certainly prefer when an author "plays fair" -- even if pretty obtusely. But even when the puzzle's solution IS based on info discovered at the very last minute, in most cases it's the journey, not the destination that matters. I love Christie (and Conan Doyle, Gladys Mitchell, Nero Wolfe, Ngaio Marsh et al) for the atmosphere, the characters and the working out. I am reading the Christie works, vaguely in published order, about 3 or 4 titles a year. For the fiscally prudent, many may be available through the public library as ebooks through Overdrive.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote