View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How to get Kindle 4 to recognize other languages?

I want to start reading more in French and I heard that the Kindle 4 will let you load multiple dictionaries and have it auto-recognize which one to use depending on the book's language. For instance right now, I cam manually go into settings and change the main dictionary to French and read in French easily, but if I then want to read in English, I have to go back in and change the dictionary back. Apparently, you can have it set up so this works automatically and you don't have to fiddle.

So assuming I have both dictionaries on the Kindle, how do I get it to recognize that a given book is French? I have some from random places, but I even have one from Amazon and it still is not recognizing it---when I go into the setting to set a default dictionary, it only lists English as an option. I am using Calibre and have used its language feature on the other books, and then this one book is actually from Amazon.

What I want to do is have one dictionary for English and one dictionary for French and have it recognize which books are which. Can I use Calibre to effect this? Is there some other setting I have to tweak? Any help is appreciated.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote