View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yup! Instead of classics, I'd love to see people name an obscure title that few know, a guilty secret even, perhaps a book found as an adolescent on an old bookshelf or a recommendation passed along from someone in the know.

Here's mine, where I reveal my inner 10-year old:

For the lover of Prisoner of Zenda or the novels of Harold MacGrath, there's Graustark. Set in one of those obscure Balkan principalities, it has swords, fancy uniforms, disguised identities, dungeons, deceit, revenge, maidenly blushes and a chaste kiss or two. Ah!

I haven't read it in years, but it resides on my devices for that rainy day when nothing else will do. Thanks to crutledge for the upload.
This!!!!!! I am trying to find books that I would have never thought of otherwise. Even in other languages I can read Spanish and French. I know of the well known classics like Jane Austen but am hoping to expand my library. I will definitely look up the book you mentioned.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote