View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
The strips just make the HP larger unnecessarily. Why not have a touchscreen rather? The frame is just too wide around the screen and the focus is on the controls and the user interface rather than on the reading experience.
They can not beat the touchscreen concept there is nothing more natural than that, the strips are too much ado for nothing.
Touch screens are appealing for navigation but I'm not certain I'd want one on a reader.

When one reads a paper book every page is fresh, unless it's been previously read by a careless person. With a reader I find myself obsessed with dust particles on the screen and constantly brushing off the surface. Eink readers having such a low contrast ratio the screen has to be kept clean because dust comes off clearer than text. I would just hate having a fingerprint smeared reading surface. And since readers need less navigation than other devices, I'd trade a touchscreen for a lower reader price.

I agree totally with the strips oversizing the device. And who says oversize says overweight!... and cumbersome.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote