View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post
I have been looking for a way to sort on multiple fields in the library. For example, I want all of an authors books together, but I want them sorted by Series and series index. Is there some way to accomplish this in Calibre or is there a plugin that sorts on multiple fields? I seem only to be able to sort by series or author and not by both with author first.

-John
Just click each column head you want sorted in order:
eg. Authors then Title

Series sorts include the index order in the sort

FWIW, you may read series by only 1 author. Many have different authors, making a Series<>Author sort iffy

just like you can't do a series<>Title sort (well you CAN do the sort operation, it won't render wonderful results )

Note: There is a sort on start up option where you can enter the column names to always do.
Preferences: Tweaks: <sort_columns_at_startup> selection from right
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote