View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
james43
james43 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
RE: OCR Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I am considering buying an OCR program for converting my books to epubs, and have come up with two alternatives: OmniPage 17 and Abbyy Fine Reader 10. Does anyone have tips on which one to go for? I'm aiming for accuracy: the less time spent on formating files before compilation to epub, the more time for proofreading. The less errors found during proof reading, the less time spent in correcting them.

I am going to try both before I eventually buy one of them, but was wondering what program is used "out there" by the rest and more experienced, and if anybody have any recomandations or ideas of what I should be looking for to get the best result possible from my scanner and my books.
I have tried both OmniPage and Abbyy Fine Reader but they give you this format that has weird stuff not allowing you to reformat properly. The only on I have found that gives you formatting that uses normal text and doesn't give you textboxes and pictrureboxes and strange margins is MeOCR. I use it often and it gives me pretty good results.
james43 is offline   Reply With Quote