View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Rubén:

And this is the book that has been through Amazon's PW (Publishing Workflow), and is actually for sale on Amazon?

Hitch
Hi Hicht;

I really don't know if once you upload a .epub to be published in Kindle Direct Publishing, the conversion process set the SRL AFTER the TOC (in fact, that thing makes sense). But if you build the book for private use by using Kindlegen, then you can set the SRL before the TOC.

Quote:
I'm not talking about setting the SRL in any book that is pre-upload, pre-conversion and pre-"save and publish." The change that Amazon made to the Publishing Workflow happens after the book is "converted" (so to speak) in Step 5 of the manuscript upload, and after the publisher puts the book on sale. This errata cannot be tested, observed or altered before the book is put on sale, and can only be observed after the book is live for sale on Amazon.
Of course, if the book is going to be sold, the only way of knowing if the SRL can be before the TOC is to watch the book after the publisher puts the book on sale. And here I can't give you an answer As I said before, in that case, it makes sense that the SRL is after the TOC (and in my opinion, it should be so in all books). But Patrice asked how to set the SRL and I pointed the general procedure. If the book is for private use, then the procedure will be enough for him

Best regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote