Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #204
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I'm 20 full days in since charging, 37 hours of reading on lowest lighting level, and at 40%...
Niiice! Sounds a lot like my 'old' Touch

I've put an image of the internal µSD card from a properly working Glo on a separate µSD card and put that into my Glo. I wonder! I'll be testing again then (gah, sorry, book, I do want to read you, but... so much hassle).

Things that stayed the same: my sideloaded books, my database and my Kobo eReader.conf file

Starup and setup from clean new image was EXTREMELY SNAPPY, really impressively fast! I don't see that any more now. Whether that's since after it synced 5 of my kepubs (why 5? how does it decide which 5?) or since after I removed them again with Kobo desktop app or since copying over my backed up database + books... no idea. It's not slow now, it's just not super snappy the way it started out. Sort of the same as my original internal µSD. What is definitely a lot slower is putting it to sleep... The screen empties itself of ink, stays blank for a few seconds (3? 4? seconds) and only then does it display the book cover... Exciting! Does this mean the device is actually putting itself to sleep?! Instead of like previously, just BAM giving me the cover and getting on with whatever it was doing? I wonder! Will take a few days before we can know for sure if anything changed.

VelvetElvis, how long does it take your (GF's) Glo to "go to sleep"? Davidfor?

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-15-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote