View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
I'll be honest. First lines are not my strength. I keep trying to come up with something magical, but it always sounds lame. I believe truly great first lines are a combination of inspiration and luck.
And they only become great first lines if they are in a book that is popular with the reading public at large. If the book isn't read how will anyone remember if the 1st line was well written or not?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote