View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #399
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I got stuck at The Fiery Cross when I had to wait over a year for it to be available, and somehow lost my interest. I've got it sitting here, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to reading it and the rest in the series.
The Fiery Cross dragged a bit at times, but it has some very powerful moments. I lost interest after A Breath of Snow and Ashes for a couple of years, but then I have listened to the abridged versions of the first three books earlier this year, which are narrated by Geraldine James, who does a really great job too. Unfortunately, there are huge chunks of the story missing. After that, I picked up An Echo in the Bone at Audible, and the old fascination with the series came back.

I also like the Lord John mysteries quite a bit and might get The Scottish Prisoner as well.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote