View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #159
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I liked La Reine Margot as well, Ricky. Wonderful cinematography. I've uploaded the book that was used as the source (Dumas: Marguerite de Valois).
I was also planning on downloading the book, if it is available. I found the character really fascinating. And ... the actress who portrayed her is simply one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

I was really prepared not to like her at first ... but then she turned out to be such a noble person. And her poor brother, Charles. The wrong type of person to be born into a family like that. He really would have been much happier as just a regular working stiff.

I'm planning to do a little research into the history of the characters ... I'm very curious about the massacre and related incidents, and as to what happened to some of the ancillary characters (to the extent they are based on actual people, that is).

I do know (or at least I think I know) that the Dukes of Anjou became the Plantagenets ... so I'm curious to see if there is any relation of the Duke of Anjou and the early Plantagenet Kings of England. Probably not ... but it's the kind of thing I'm really interested in.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote