View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Probably getting too deep into project management, but, one of the first tasks of a project is to get signoff, by the stakeholders, on the project deliverables. If they wish to vary/increase what the project is tasked to deliver, then they need to allow more resources and/or time. The project owner should be empowered to say no, if agreement cannot be reached. If this doesn't happen, then they are not running projects properly. IMHO I must add.
Yep, that's how it is supposed to be done. But, from my experience, it never is. The stakeholders will manage to add things without adding time. Sometime they allow something to be remove. When doing this, you start to move away from the ideal that was originally envisioned. Hence bugs, bad design, missing features creep in. Then there is the problem that all this was based on someones estimates. And stuff gets cut to allow the project to meet the targets. And testing is one of the favorite things to get reduced. After all, we programmers write bug free code, don't we?

But, I think we are getting off the topic.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote