View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
The Mini does not use a vizplex display, it uses the e-ink Pearl that we are all familiar with: http://www.eink.com/customer_showcase_kobo_mini.html
The Kobo website states: 5” E Ink touch screen; Vizplex V110 display; 16 level grey scale.

If you look at that eink.com website and have a look at what they say about the Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo and Kobo Mini, at the very end of each bit it states "Uses E Ink Pearl Active Matrix Display". But I don't think they all use the same display? Maybe they are all pearl, but the vizplex is a different grade?

As for the plastic mentioned in the screen, I really think there's probably a plastic layer, but the screen underneath is still going to be glass. There is no way they wouldn't have made an awful lot more out of it otherwise.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 09-09-2012 at 07:33 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote