View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #61
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjantailor View Post
As a dyslexic I find reading a chore and generally listen to audio books. However, one of the easiest writer for me to read is Hunt S. Thompson. Maybe it's because we shared an affinity for psycodelics (sp) but I get that guy.

Have fun, Jan
Fairly close - "psychedelic" - and though I've no affinity with them myself (nor am I dyslexic) I agree that Hunter S. Thompson is for me an "easy" read, as his style seems to be something that really clicks with me. FWIW I am, occasionally (when some here might say I'm perhaps a bit more excessive in written presentation than is indicated in this particular post), asked if I have partaken of something psychoactive, so maybe you've hit the nail on the head there.

But, yes, I feel I get him too, straight to the centrebrain like an icepick of enlightenment.

I've not read Ulysses by James Joyce, but I will, as I've read excerpts and I got the very same sense that I get from Hunter S. Thompson, but better. Finnegan's Wake may be more difficult.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote