View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Since we have several library cards, I always go first to search.overdrive.com. Then I select Advanced Search. There is no place to put in a zip code; instead, if Overdrive has the book, I then select by Country and State.

This does require that one already know what title, or at least author, is desired. Thank you to all review sites linked at www.realclearbooks.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
When I consider what a fortune I have spent on hundreds of books over the years, I don't feel guilty about using the free library ones.
Although I've written here that we can't afford to buy many books, and thus have to use libraries, if you added it up, the cost of the gas, and car wear and tear, we used to spend visiting big distant public libraries (Chester County in Exton PA was one) could well have come to a third world fortune. Thinking about that, my wife and I have no problem paying an out of area library fee.

Seattle Public Library, are you listening?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote