View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #70
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser View Post
A question for those who managed to connect to the Kindle Touch:
In the electronics store I was told that for solder a wire to each terminal serial port is necessary to use a welder work at an special temperature.

I can you use a regular soldering iron or should to be special?
They remember that power was his soldier?
In what ways soldered the wires?

Thanks.
For soldering to circuit boards, I use a temperature controlled soldering stations the runs at 600F, but for most other things (like connectors) I use 700F.

If you are new to soldering, do NOT use acid-core solder intending for plumbing applications! The acid in the solder flux will damage sensitive electronic components.

You must use rosin-core solder. Back before I could afford a soldering workstation, I used an inexpensive soldering iron connected to an ordinary incandescent light dimmer, turning it up only as much as I needed to melt the solder and do the job.

Too much heat will lift small traces away from the circuit board. It is better to be a little hot and get done quickly, than not enough heat applied for too much time, though.

For the kindles, it helps to have a very sharp pointed tip on the soldering iron (not a chisel tip).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote