View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I temporarily removed the files so we can check on the copyright.
As best I can determine, the Copyright 2006 link at the bottom of the Free Samples link I provide in post #1 indicates that:
Quote:
However, you may download material from The New York Times on the Web (one machine readable copy and one print copy per page) for your personal, noncommercial use only.
It goes on further to say in Section Two of the Member Agreement,
Quote:
2.3 You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from The New York Times Rights and Permissions Department, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content.
Now the tricky part, the italics part above may preclude uploading to mobileread.com even though it may be for personal, noncommercial use.

Nate, if you would like to remove the attachment, I will replace it with a 'How-to' for those that wish to do the same thing I did when creating these free samples. What do you think?

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-02-2009 at 04:17 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote