View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Got mine last night and both hardware and software has exceed my expectations.

Device feels great, very light weight, but still feels solid, including the buttons, and the "rubberized?" back. Screen looks great, and I have no problem with glossy black bezel that so many have talked about as if it was some major problem, it is very thin and the screen itself is not glossy which is the important part.

The actual on device software is great, really clean UI. The book reading application works great, nice selection of fonts/sizes, and very easy to navigate. The built in mutiple dictionaries/interface blew me away, but not sure if this already a feature of the older Sony readers though. Only complaint is that I wish they had a tap to turn page option to make it easier to use one handed, so for that I need to hold it my left hand and use the physical page turn buttons. Browser works better than I expected, it does partial screen refresh when scrolling, and a full refresh when you stop so not as jarring as some other e-Ink browsers I've seen.

So far I did not setup the Reader software on my computer, that seems like is causing some complaints. What I've been doing so far is copying an epub right to the device's on board memory over USB, and when you disconnect the USB cable, the T1 automatically scans the metadata and adds them to your library.

Browsing the calibre forums and noticed there already is very basic calibre feature support for T1 in the current beta version that I'm itching to try out this evening.
log is offline   Reply With Quote