View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Alas, I can only contribute 3 cents to your retirement plans, as being of a sadly less non-discriminatory nature when it comes to picking up non-freebies and not caring for pseudo-political thrillers, as well as being decidedly picky even about actually spending real money on e-versions* of the preferably no-romo sf/fantasy/historical/mystery fiction† that I usually buy, there's usually not much which shows up as Bargains to interest me.
Although that extra penny would have meant not waiting until I am older than Dirt (Stuart Woods $1.99 )

Quote:
So I only went and picked up one $0.89 fantasy title from Michelle Sagara/West (the latter is/was her married name, by the way) from the listing upthread just now, on the reasoning that I was also Helping A Fellow Canadian author and I'd already gotten the 1st in series from an earlier Amazon sale anyway.
I have both of those myself (and have been watching the other two for a price drop).

Quote:
Also, unless you're actually posting from the alternate universe where everyone has a backwards anagram name and twirls an evil twin moustache and your blog is also similarly named, I fixed the referrer link, which seems to be typoed throughout that post, before 1-clicking. Unless it really is supposed to be "booksonthekonb", in which case mea culpa and I'll try to find another later.
LOL! Actually, both work and I have been trying a little experiment, to see who clicks here versus elsewhere. So far, my clicks and earnings at MR are >1/1,000 of what they are elsewhere (of course, when it gets that small, it's hard to measure). The typo version of the tag I created accidentally, so I stuck it in the links for this thread. I did try to get heymaybeiget4centsonthedollarifimlucky-20 as a tag, but it keeps failing the Amazon link checker ....

Quote:
Anyway, mind you don't spend it all on slow horses and fast (wo)men in your golden years, depending on how your preferences go.

* Not to be confused with eversions, which is what sea cucumbers do when they spit out their guts for predators to eat while they scuttle away, gutless, to safety.

† Bonus points if I get all 4 genres in 1 single book, with a minimum of gratuitous plot-hindering mushy stuff to boot!
Got rid of the horse (he was eating us out of house and ... (plus the barn was falling down and he kept following me like a puppy, bopping me in the back and begging for oats). He was fast enough (could outrun or kick the australian shepherd that though it was his personal mission to move him around the field), but definitely not one to place a bet on. I do now, though, have a dog that thinks she is a sea cucumber (at least, I believe that to be true, when comparing your definition to her behavior).

BTW, if you have a KSO (for those that love ads so much, they are willing to ignore them when the case is closed on their Kindle, in return for a few really good book deals), then Ms. Sagara has a pre-order on the list: Cast in Ruin. Please note that although you might only spend a dollar, my retirement fund would benefit by 35 cents, while the author and publisher would make their full amounts based on the list price (not sales price), as it is not an Agency book and AT&T will earn around 7-10 cents for delivering it to your Kindle (unless you choose to use WiFi, in which case your ISP will earn a small fraction of money, unless you drive to a free hotspot, in which case some Arabian sheik will be able to buy a new Rolls for Christmas, after you have to fill up your car with gas). I know that it appears that Amazon would somehow lose money on the deal (after paying the publisher $5.50 for the book), but I have it on good authority that under the new internet economy, they can make it up on volume.

Last edited by koland; 09-27-2011 at 04:13 AM.