View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmian View Post
I don't think the publishers would ever agree to this, unless piracy got so bad they would essentially go along with it for the same reason the networks went with Hulu. Possibly this may happen when e-readers get to be around $50.
I don't see the cost of e-readers as a barrier. After all, you have to buy a TV and DVD player or set-top box/computer to rent/stream movies. They cost a lot more than e-readers.

As to the publishers agreeing with this, movie producers and record companies raised the same objections vs renting/streaming music and movies, but those objections were overcome. I expect the publishers to come around eventually.

Last edited by stonetools; 09-12-2011 at 09:23 AM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote