View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #13
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel eBooks
Same for free.eliterature (when they still had a site up) as their charge was to recoup the cost of making the CD. Just to be sure, I checked with Greg Newby, Dir and CEO of Project Gutenburg, and he assured me there were no issues with Diesel eBooks.
Agreed. I don't think anyone said you were in violation of the license at all. The question was the relationship between FreeELiterature (who was/is in violation), and your own business.

I simply made the point to keep you in the clear, from their shady business practices. You don't want to be associated with that kind of activity, especially if you are (as you seem to be) a reputable business.

No harm, no foul, as they say. It looks like FreeELiterature was shut down anyway. The Gutenebrg Project was made aware of their practices, there was a brief (online and offline) discussion of the issues, and a day or two later, the site disappeared. I'm not sure if the two incidents are related.

Glad to see you used the right channels to follow up on this issue.