View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #9
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
Thanks, everyone, for these helpful replies.

Quote:
I doubt that what you claim is true.
Kranu, I don't think I "claimed" anything - I asked a question, and specifically offered up the possibilities that I was being paranoid and/or ignorant! I wanted to ask the question here because if there were a Kindle-related problem it's much more likely that people here would know about it than my local computer technician.

I'm reassured that the consensus is that it's not the Kindle; thanks, all. Avantman42, I followed the Gmail help instructions this morning, including enabling "always use https", which was disabled when I looked at my settings. MOngr31, we do have a firewall, but I'd have to confess I have no idea how to check up on what's going in or out - hence calling in an expert!

Thanks again; much appreciated.

Alison
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote