View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #197
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Hello Doitsu,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You're probably mistaken. According to the ACD Encyclopedia, several Round the Fire Stories were shortened, but Jelland's Voyage is not one of them.
As far as I understood, only the titles are shortened (by omitting "The story of ...")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It was first published in the 12 November 1892 edition of Harper's Weekly, which isn't available online.

Maybe someone who can access this edition through their library can double-check this for you.
There are early publications in:
- Phil May's Illustrated Winter Annual (winter 1892 [UK])
- Success (3 august 1895)

Some of Phil May's are available, but not the 1892 edition.

And yes, the version in the book is shortened. How could I know? I got the german translation of the long version and I really don't believe, that all this additional text is added by the Translator.

Maybe I find it, one day ....

vg, mm
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote