Thread: Styles?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 10:57 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As the creator of the DOCXImport plugin (which LibreOffice can save to), I can assure you that absolutely nothing has changed in that regard. A styles to CSS map is required. But once a user/author develops a standard for styling their documents, there will be little to do--with text-based novels anyway.

If you're referring to one of the other odt-specific plugins, I'll let their authors speak for those.
As far as I recall, the ODTImport plugin for Sigil was created by Doitsu. For the few ODT files I tested with it, the need for defining style translations in the config.xml and epub.css to match what the creator of the ODT files wanted was a bit of pain to set up. To rub salt in, about 5 minutes after I finished the setup, she switched to MS Office since she was given a free license.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote