View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The writing is dry. It feels dated. It's just one of those things you get a sense of as you read. [b]Brave New World[/i] has the same sense of dry and outdated.

These are the sort of books that I cannot call classics because for me, they don't hold up. They feel old. They don't feel relevant.
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by dry writing. If anything, I thought the book was overwritten. I struggled with many of the metaphors and then gave them up. I thought it was self-consciously fancy writing, the opposite of dry.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote