View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:03 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta version for calibre v2

OK, I give in.

After watching all the comments, plus receiving a few direct requests, I have talked to Philantrop about this plugin. Due to other commitments, he can't get to it yet.

So, I give in. And yes, I am using the same text and bad jokes in for both plugins. But, make sure you read the whole post as it isn't exactly the same.

Attached is a beta version of the plugin that should work with both calibre v2 and v1.48. I am not a user of this plugin, so haven't done that much testing in either environment. As far as I can tell, it works. I have tested it with my iPad with no problems. But, as I don't normally use the plugin, it is very likely I have not tested something important.

Please test the attached version and report any errors here. I am only fixing errors caused by the change to Qt5. If there are existing errors or other changes that you want, please see the first post of the thread for how to report or request them.

And please make sure you have the latest beta of the iOS reader applications plugin. Beta version 1.4.3 of the iOS reader applications plugin is here.

If you find an error, I need as much detail as possible. If calibre displays an error message, press the copy button and post the COMPLETE message. And tell me what you were doing. In precise detail. Don't leave anything out as unimportant. It's amazing how often it is the little insignificant detail that was left out was the clue to solve the problem. If you report an error, I might ask you to run in debug mode. This creates a log of the calibre session. Again, I want to see the full contents of the log.

My testing is on 32 bit Windows 7. I need the other OSes as well.

The attached beta is version 1.2.4. I expect to release several betas, so please check the version number before reporting an error.

And please report if everything is OK. If I don't see anything, then I don't know if it is all working, or if no-one has tried it.

When I am satisfied that that the plugin is working properly in both versions of calibre, I will hand the code over to Philantrop for the official release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre-marvin-manager-beta.zip (952.0 KB, 1738 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote