Thread: Touch Kobo with Linux
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It would be nice if Kobo actually advertised the Linux desktop software, but I guess it's not officially supported.

Anyway, fellow Linux user here who recently bought the Kobo Touch and have had good success with Linux (apart from the initial setup which I happened to do on a Mac). Since I'm primarily interested in public domain books (that is to say free as in speech and beer) I don't have much need to bother with the desktop software, and dropping epub files directly onto the Kobo itself works like a charm.

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 07-27-2011 at 04:21 PM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote