View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #68
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Some people are talking about tablet alternatives (specifically the Fire HD), just thought I'd throw the iPad Mini in the mix. I know it hasn't been announced officially yet, but pretty sure it will launch pretty soon (based on aggregated rumors and image leaks). I already own an iPad and an iPhone, and since I really need e-ink for intense reading, the 'mini' form factor is kind of pointless for me.

But if you *can* tolerate an LED e-reader, it may be worth holding off a few weeks more for the iPad Mini announcement at least. It's possible it'll be priced competitively, as I assume the Kindle Fire market is their target.
Yeah I've thought about that as I have the iPad 3 and the iPod touch 4G. But this year they finally updated the iPod touch and gave it a slightly bigger screen but upped the intro price from $200 to $300! I'm afraid that if they want $300 for a small 4" screen they are going to want at least $400 for a mini. I've also heard the mini might be 8" instead of 7", which would make it a tad bigger than I would want for a reader. But I will definitely keep up with the news and see what Apple does actually release and how much they want for it.