View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
For a start I don't remember anyone reporting a WSoD for the EE so I think you can discount that.

The only real problem is that you get green still pictures when using the camera - the video does not have this quirk.

You may or may not have a problem with the unit coming out of hibernation - some people report no problems with that al all while a lot of us do have that problem and have learned to switch off rather than hibernate.

Make sure you get the version of Ermine fot the device you get - they are NOT interchangeable. Trying to use the one for the PE on an EE is the source of most, if not all, the reported screen problems.

Also I would recommend that you steer clear of the allmine ermine update until you are happy with the standard Ermine - in fact, unless you absolutely have to have the market/play there is no need for it.

One last thing, I upgraded my EE to Ermine almost as soon as it was available from Entourage and have not had any problems other than green pictures and no hibernation.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote