View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickomuer View Post
it is very important that i an use bookmarks (index) & jump to arbitrary pages.
this is no problem whatsoever: in fact your added bookmarks will be integrated with any table of contents - meaning that if your book happens to have no TOC, you can make it yourself.
My gripes are:
1) the possibility to make free hand written notes in pdf and djvu files is very limited: at this stage you can only select a piece of text, save it as an image, and then annotate free-hand the image. Better than nothing, but I'd like to be able to annotate free hand the file directly (this you can do with EPUB, MOBI etc)

2) a browser that goes landscape - the Midori one does not, the Links one does but is very primitive (e.g. you cannot even use bookmarks).

These issues should be addressed in the future, but at the moment are not there yet, and how long it will take is anybody's guess. Also bear in mind that the screen is not Pearl.

Also, there are some functions I do not use much (e.g. mp3 players), so there may be other issues that irk other people.

Having said that, I am very fond of my device, and very much like the full customizability that any PB offers, so much so that I also got myself a (superportable) PB360.

EDIT: some of the various capabilities are in the top message in this thread
paola is offline   Reply With Quote