View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #32
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm at a loss as to what further action to suggest. I have the latest version of Reader Library working on my PC using Vista and on my Netbook using XP SP3 and both are working fine. I didn't, however, have to replace a hard drive and restore from an image.

I think that the first thing the Reader Library does is go out and check if there has been a new release. So if it can't get out, it would probably hang. On my XP, I have two program exceptions in my firewall that the installation of Reader Library created. You have probably already checked this, but just in case, here are the exceptions:

C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\Reader Library.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\launcher\Reader Library Launcher.exe
The exceptions are there in my firewall too...I am at a loss as to why this happened and so is Sony. The engineers told me on the phone that a number of people are having the same issue with the program not opening but still showing as running in Task Manager (although my set of circumstances leading up to that issue, i.e. replacement of a hard drive with the program working BEFORE the replacement, seems to be different...). I haven't heard back from them. It is very frustrating.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote