View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno_ View Post
I underestimated how many entries there were
Now I understand the problem with the file size.
Kinda defeats the purpose of trying for me if I can't open it with my PRS-T1.
But you can either:

1) select only the articles you want to read and bundle them into a single EPUB file (like Wikipedia allows) or

2) split the entire encyclopedia in multiple EPUB files.

I do not have my T1 with me, but my Kobo Glo has just accepted an EPUB of size 5 MB, with a subset of the articles. <10 such chuncks should be enough for the whole SEoP. Clearly you loose the chance of clicking internal links if you are on an A-article and you want to jump to a Z-article, but you gain the possibility of reading it on e-ink, which is still very nice.

Actually, I was thinking of writing an email to the SEoP guys, asking whether they could provide an "official" EPUB file (or multiple chunks). I always find odd that universities/foundations put data online, without protection from screenscraping, but they do not provide access to the raw data nor produce reasonable output formats --- unlike advertise-based sites, they do not gain anything from having people visiting their Web pages.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote