View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
It is standard behavior on Windows for applications to post multiple formats in the clipboard buffer when copying. Often they only post an "IOU" reserving the actual data movement for some future time when an application requests the data in response to a Paste command.

Calibre quite properly follows this behavior and posts a variety of formats. You can view the options by accessing the Windows accessory app "Clipboard Viewer". The "cure" for the OP's issue is to use the Windows standard "Paste Special..." option in the app used for Pasting. Not all apps have this, but all good ones do (and my browser of choice, Opera, fails at this -- bad Opera). The OP can check this with his copy of Notepad++ which provides the option (though the menu option is oddly located far below the "Paste" option). Using an intermediate app to "Paste Special..." the desired format and then re-Copying is a reasonable workaround that will usually work.

It's true that many apps fail to support "Paste Special...". We had issues with this back when I was on the FreeHand team at Macromedia. Too many of our users needed to paste into other apps that failed to support Paste Special and we added a rather unique "Copy Special" options that allows manual control of the copy format on a per Copy basis.
@dwig - fantastic

I'd forgotten all that (getting old) that's fixes the Word problem ==>> http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...l-in-word.html

I wonder if there's a fix for Blogger comments, that's the one that really annoys me. Apparently Ctrl/Shift/V is supposed to to Paste with no formatting in Firefox, but its not working because an extension has grabbed the shortcut (one of my blockers no doubt) - if not a clippy cleaner will fix it - I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You are always full of unique, extremely effective workflow solutions that get the job done. I'm sure this solution will be just as elegant.
Thank you, DoctorOhh

A score of years of writing OS's, and another in sys integration and hanging with MI guys teaches one that there are more ways of skinning a cat than...

I'll let y'all know how I get along with firefox... chrome has a paste special

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote