View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #77
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
I just updated the thread title, and put the news at the bottom of the first post.

I'm relieved to know that Amazon did not perform remote deletion of books. Of course this is a very limited relief: Amazon retains the power to do such things (and what else? Read and/or delete content from Kindles even if it was not sourced from Amazon? We don't know...) whenever they want. Moreover, it seems to be confirmed that Amazon can decide at any time to terminate your account without giving you neither an explanation nor the possibility to prove that they're wrong. And I can't see how you can get back the books you "purchased" from Amazon if you don't have an Amazon account anymore...
I think it's unhealthy that such an unlimited power over their customers is allowed to companies; especially those that deal with important things (for society) like culture.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote