View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Tepperman, Emile C.: The Murder Monster (Secret Agent X), v1, 06 April 2008.

When crime was ugly, and the forces of evil reared their ugly heads, there too went Secret Agent X, ready to battle evil-doers, to fight against those-who-are-not-nice-people!

I've kept the in-text notes, rather than put them at the end of the novel; after all, this is a PULP action hero, not Dickens!! So who exactly is Secret Agent X? Here's something from the story:

"The man who hides his identity behind that symbol of the unknown quantity has figured in previous chronicles. Little is known about him personally, except that he saw active service during the War, was wounded in action, and later entered the Intelligence Service. In this branch he so distinguished himself that the value of his special resources and abilities was recognized by the government to be as necessary in peace times as in time of war. Accordingly, after the Armistice, a remarkable proposition was made to him by an official high in government circles. He was made a free-lance agent, commissioned to combat crime wherever it reared its ugly head in the country. It was guaranteed that his anonymity would be preserved."

I hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: I'll be working on all the Tepperman. I'll also redo an earlier Tepperman I assembled for MobileRead, one of my very first efforts almost one year ago.

Don
File located off-site. To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: html readme.html (1,001 Bytes, 437 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote