Thread: Request Pocket Edge Sound Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
remedy
remedy began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge, Jetbook mini, Viewsonic Gtablet
Pocket Edge Sound Problems

I searched the forums for a similar post/solution but had no luck so here is my problem.

Bought a pocket edge from woot last week, it does what I expected it to. However after (roughly) a half hour of use, all sound generated by the device abruptly stops. At first I had thought that processor load might have had something to do with it because I noticed it when I was first loading software and configure the device. However my tests today show it to simply be a matter of time.

The cut-out occurs with either headphones or the internal speaker. I have yet to try it with my bluetooth car stereo, but that should be interesting.

I un-installed any applications I thought might possibly cause issues such as superbox and task-killer pro but it has made no difference. I also reflashed 2.2.

The only thing that fixes it is a reboot. At which point I hear some sort of re-initialisation click come through the speakers during the loading process, and they begin working again.

I should mention this is a rooted PE running ermine 2.2 beta. I haven't even done anything interesting to it yet, besides a different launcher, which I seriously doubt could be responsible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially if you've experienced this problem yourself and have a solution. One major intent for this device was to play amazon cloud/pandora music, and as it stands it's failing at that.
remedy is offline   Reply With Quote