View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #6
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm still wondering how much dev interest this device will drum up. No doubt it will be rooted in short order, but I would think custom ROMs for an e-ink Android device would have to be really custom. Think about it: how many apps scroll? Big problem! I'm betting development will look more like the Nook Classic, with root access achieved mainly to sideload custom apps designed specifically for the device.

I hope and suspect that devs will take it as a bigger opportunity and challenge than the original Nook, building or porting more apps to it, or even designing some e-ink optimized custom ROMs, but we're still talking about a device with an essentially static display.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote