View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EppePKakke View Post
Thanks for all your quick replies! I like the idea of having 4gb and I see on ebay there is a Kindle 1st generation with 4 that can also take an 8gb sd card. Buying this might offer a solution at a cheaper price. Is it worth a consideration? I have all kinds of ebooks / large and small and lots of mp3's.
Honestly, how large is your large collection of books? For regular books, 4GB is a lot. Actually, available space is a bit less because the device itself needs space for firmware and operating system.

Let's do some math:

So let's say you have 3000MB with a Kindle 3. Average text book or novel is about 5MB, usually much less, but let's exaggerate here so you will have:

3000 / 5 = 600 books.

Do you really need to carry on such amount of books with you all the time?

Last edited by jocampo; 12-13-2010 at 01:51 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote