View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #54
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
From Zondervan--A Recently Published Book on the Theology of Mark's Gospel. $7.99.

I hesitate to post this book. It is academic/technical. Too, it is above the interest level of the average church member. However, I'm sure that this book will be at the level of, and of interest to, more than one MobileReader.

With those concerns put aside, then, I am going ahead and posting it. For one reason, this recently published (2015) book looks to be excellent. I feel that it could become the standard work on the subject, and that last for many years. Too, it has an almost 5 average combined rating from Amazon, GoodReads, and ChristianBook. And, it is huge, approaching 700 pages in length. Finally, its markdown is big (73% from the digital list price) and the resulting price ($7.99) is great.

A Theology of Mark's Gospel: Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God (Biblical Theology of the New Testament Series). Rated 5 stars, but from only 3 reviews at Amazon at the present moment; rated 4.60 at GoodReads, but from only 5 reviews; rated 5.0 at Christianbook, but from only 1 review. Print list price $44.99; digital list price $29.99; Kindle price now $7.99. Zondervan, publisher. 656 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Theology-Marks...dp/B00UF7WBR8/.

In addition to Amazon, I know that the ebook is available, for $7.99, at Christianbook as well. I'm sure that it is available for that price elsewhere, too.

Book Description
A Theology of Mark’s Gospel is the fourth volume in the BTNT series. This landmark textbook, written by leading New Testament scholar David E. Garland, thoroughly explores the theology of Mark’s Gospel. It both covers major Markan themes and also sets forth the distinctive contribution of Mark to the New Testament and the canon of Scripture, providing readers with an in-depth and holistic grasp of Markan theology in the larger context of the Bible. This substantive, evangelical treatment of Markan theology makes an ideal college- or seminary-level text.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-09-2016 at 07:23 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote