View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #11
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, yes, absolutely, they have to map to a "real" DT edition.

Eh, no, that gets to be your job, inside the OPF (ISBN). The RPNs go in the NCX (ePUB2) and the ISBN goes in the meta (OPF).

Well...I'm conveying info which may or may not be actually helpful, lol.

Hitch
right... that looks like what I need to know. Looks like I WAS doing it right and client was panicking a little.

I think I'd gotten the idea that there was some voodoo that Amazon did with the print ISBN in the KDP upload area. Not a problem adding the ISBN in the OPF... gonna go check what the field name is for the PRINT edition and tweak the tool.

Adding the RPNs (pageList) entries to the NCX is fine, we have our own tool that's been putting together ePubs for about 13 years now and it'll take a spreadsheet of page refs either hand or machne generated. I even wrote a little plugin for InDesign a while back that finds and tags the first word on each page in the XHTML for that purpose. Not used it in anger for a long time though as nobody's really caring abnout page numbers from our client base.

Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote