View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford-eBooks View Post
I always use epubcheck, it's fired off automatically by our built tool.. and no errors or warnings. (this project is epub2, hence using pageList)

Prob not going down the ADE page-map route as the cliend will be uploading ro Amazon and no telling what that may throw up!

Yep on the previewer not showing page numbers.
Amaon say in: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/to...g_page_numbers

" Real Page Numbers cannot be previewed in Kindle Previewer or by sideloading, but they are visible when your eBook is published and are mentioned on the detail page. "
About Amazon and RPNs:

We do these all the time. It's at the point that when we make an eBook from an InDesign file, whether our own or someone else's, we export the RPNs and use them. It's...it is what it is.

HOWEVER, don't be fooled into thinking that what Amazon says on that page is actually quite, exactly, right. You have to have a print edition, on sale, on Amazon, which is the print edition you are matching. And they only enable RPNs, when they make that correlation. And sometimes, you have to email them and ask them to enable them.

That's why they require the ISBN, in the meta. That's what they've directly told me, and I haven't seen any behavior yet that contradicts that.

The "page numbers" that you tend to see, inside your typical novel, etc. are created by the reading device, not RPNs. Different strokes, different...well, you know.

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote