View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #1
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Angry pageList... again? Surely not!

Okay. This is starting to bite my bum.
Once in a blue moon a client asks for "real" page numbers in their eBook and I talk them down saying that it really won't add much to the book and you probably dont want the extra cost of me having to tag all the pages. But this one client really wants it.

My process generates the pageList / pageTarget in the toc.ncx and looking at the code it all seems fine. BUT I fail to see the page numbers in ADE (latest vesion ver4.5.11.

I've read and read and checked and checked and I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right. I even looked at Doitsu's example ePub... which ALSO doesn't show the page numbers in ADE.

Anyone able to suggest where my feeble brain is slipping up here?

In my test ePub's toc.ncx

Code:
  <pageList>

<navLabel><text>Pages</text></navLabel>

<pageTarget type="normal" id="pg003" value="3" playOrder="7"><navLabel><text>3</text></navLabel> <content src="title.xhtml#pg003"/></pageTarget>

:
yadda yadda
:

</pageList>
and in the xhtml

Code:
 <p>This book contains ... yadda yadda... <a id = "pg016"/> ... yadda yadda...  this book as a guide.</p>

ALSO.. and this is my escape route...
The author has seen a previous book I did where "real page numbers" apppear on his Kindle in a purchased book. I didn't encode page numbers, Kindle added the estimates. But the estimated page numbers aren't showing on the sideloaded ePub I sent him, not able to be selected in the options. Am I right in thinking that the "page numbers" are added during processing after upload to KDP? Kindle previewer only ever shows LOCATION too.
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote