View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #48
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Priced more than $200? Here we go again (in the U.S.).
If the price is €165, then it most certainly won't be over $200. Remember, all Dutch shops (unless specifically geared towards companies) have the VAT included in the price. And, as Harry already mentioned, that's 19%. And als Pietvo also already mentioned, it usually is about €1 = $1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Does that mean the WiFi will be tied to local e-book stores? I hope not since I buy very few swedish e-books.

Other than that, it looks like really nice
No. But bol.com has a specific mobile site for ebook readers. So, you can go there easily from your reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
LOL - the joys of machine translation. I don't know what the "mustache" line should really say,
"Dat zit wel snor" (that sits mustache) is a very literal translation of a Dutch saying. It means something like "that will be alright, don't worry about it".

Quote:
It's attractive compared to the £199 of the PRS-650, but it is competitive against the £111 of the WiFi Kindle?
Comparison: the K3, if I were to order that, would be €135. So, €165 isn't so bad a price.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote