View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Post Notion Ink's Adam Previewed on Slashgear and Engadget

Both of these sites put together a nice preview of the Adam.

Slashgear had two articles:
Notion Ink Adam hands-on at CES 2011
Notion Ink Adam: Benchmarks & Flash Testing

And Engadget had the following articles:
Notion Ink Adam hands-on preview (video)
The Engadget Interview: Notion Ink's Rohan Shravan

Promo Video on Notionink.com

Both sites seemed rather pleased with the performance of the hardware, but I got the feeling Slashgear felt the Eden User Interface needed some more work. They did indicate that it was a good first start for a new UI.

The interview did indicate that they will be going to Android 3.0 and the Android Market after it is released.

And just as a reminder of the pricing. From this Slashgear article: Notion Ink Adam pre-orders from 1.30pm EST: Price-cuts & more

LCD + WiFi = $375.33
LCD + WiFi + 3G = $425.33
Pixel Qi + WiFi = $499.95
Pixel Qi + WiFi + 3G = $549.99 (This is the one I got)

Battery-life per Rohan Shravan in his interview with Engadget:
LCD = 10 to 14 hours
Pixel Qi = 11 to 15.5 hours

Plus they charged an extra $50 to everyone for shipping. So I paid $599.99.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prices change for the next pre-order round.

I just hope that I get mine before the end of the month so I can take it on vacation with me.

Etienne66

Last edited by etienne66; 01-07-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added all of the other content I found that was released today.
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote