View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:26 AM   #5
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
@Doitsu: Thank you!

@elibrarian: Are you saying epubcheck v4.2.0 should only be used for epub 3.2? and any pre-3.2 epub should stick with epubcheck 4.1.1?
That depends. I guess the biggest problem is, that since the epub 3.2 specification "now officially supports the current versions of HTML, CSS, and SVG, as defined by the W3C", the new epubcheck will probably allow a lot of code to pass through as valid HTML etc., that no known reader apparatus at present will render correctly.

Also, AFAIK (but I may be wrong), epub3.2 is still a draft, and the officially recommended version is still 3.01.

The full list of differences is found here

Based on my own (not very thorough) experiments, there also seems to be some discrepancies between the epub 3.2 standard and the Accessibily 1.0 standard (mainly the proper use of ARIA roles), and the way to ensure backward compatibility to epub 2-readers. But I won't go deeper into that now (since I may be wrong on those points …) Edit: Older recommendations specify the use of epub:type and ARIA-roles in the BODY-tag. This practice is now considered "both invalid and harmful". I hadn't spotted that detail, and it accounts for some of the errors I get.

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 04-24-2019 at 06:02 AM.
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote