View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #1
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Question Calibre: Difference between Windows & Mac Version?

Hi,

Are there any differences between the Windows and Mac version of Calibre? From what I can see it seems to be exactly the same but just wanted to check that this is correct? For example, I know the Android and Apple version of CC is slightly different with the Android version having more features.

Interesting stats, with 3,096,815 active installs. The majority of people use the Windows (82.5%) version followed by Mac (15.3%). Top three installs by country are Spain, United States and Germany. Assuming the high percentage of Windows users is because that operating system is more widely used, not because there are more features/easier to use. There is no difference in moving database from Mac to Windows as the database file and books files are the same format.

The reason I ask is because I have Mac laptop and Windows desktop and wondering if I can use both pretty easily and jump between them which seems to be the case when I copied my library in the Microsoft version. I need to use the Mac because I have iBooks on there but prefer the Microsoft PC as larger screen and easier to organize my library...

Thanks,

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote