Thread: Coffee or Tea?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Tea! Tea! And more tea!!!
I drink about 3-4 litres of tea every day. English Breakfast tea (Taylor's of Harrogate,) Yorkshire Tea (it's not for them wot's from Surry!) Keemun and Assam. Hot and black, no sugar or lemon. For a rainy cold November day reading by the window, nothing beats a steaming mug of Lapsang Souchang. (Except perhaps a good single malt.... Nah... TEA!!)

Stitchawl
Pfft to that I say I like Yorkshire Tea - it's my teabag blend of second choice (my first is Twinings Everyday)

Loose leaf my favourite is a large leaf Assam, especially Harmutty, but also Deejo and Orangajuli.

I used to like Twinings Earl Grey until they changed the recipe and it tasted like some Lapsang Souchang had got mixed in. Now I don't mind Lapsang Souchang on the right occasion (I like the peaty Islay whiskies, too...), but the smokiness really doesn't work with the citrus tang from the bergamot. I do sometimes blend it myself though.

I love masala chai - usually blend the spices for it myself now. I usually leave the leaves and spices to sit in hot water for a while, then add sugar and warm milk (the yeti has a milk heater/whisker thing for coffee which I use - it's great for hot chocolate too!).

I don't drink coffee - it usually makes me feel very sick, or sometimes very sleepy. Occasionally both.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote